Last Updated: 07/03/2020
Water Damage And Mold in Beaver Dam Wi
Beaver Dam water damage cleanup, repair and restoration services are our specialty throughout the area. No matter where you are, our water damage restoration company will get there quickly and take care of all of your needs completely.
We have been serving the residents of Beaver Dam and the surrounding areas for years with top-notch water damage services. We guarantee top quality home repair and restoration services at very affordable rates. No matter what your individual needs and tastes are and no matter how small or large your budget is, we can tailor our services to suit your home repair and restoration project. If you are a resident of Beaver Dam and require home repair and restoration services including water removal, flood damage repair, or any other disaster service, look no further for all of these needs and more. We are one of the leading home repair and restoration companies specializing in the aforementioned services.
Beaver Dam Water Damage Services for Every Situation
We will be with you through every part of the water damage cleanup process including the water extraction, water restoration, and many other water removal services that are fitted to your situation. We use all available water mitigation services to give you the best residential or commercial property restoration. You’ll only need to make one call to get started on your emergency water removal.
Water Removal Services in Beaver Dam Wi
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Beaver Dam mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Beaver Dam
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Remove Water From Carpet in Beaver Dam Wi
The old sayings are the best: prevention is better than cure. When it comes to water damage, simple precautions can be made to sidestep disaster. Water damage repairs can be stressful and costly. Make sure everyone in your household knows how and where to turn off your water supply. If a leak is located and cut off early there may be no need for repairs. In most properties the stopcock/ stop tap can usually be found in the kitchen under the sink, but it can be anywhere on the ground floor of your property. In some houses it is positioned in a front or back hall or in a larder beside the sink. One way of finding the stopcock is by locating the cold water feed under the sink and follow it along, hopefully it should lead to your stopcock. Check your plumbing. Damage can occur gradually from small leaks are not easily apparent. Check all internal and external pipes, around toilets, under sinks. If you see any puddles or drips try and locate the source of the leak.
It may just be a simple as a loose connection. Stopping even the smallest leak could save your home from needing drastic repairs. Inspect your hot water cylinder. Look for leaks in the valve work. Are there wet patches? If you have an open vented hot water cylinder, is the water overflowing out of the vent? Heavy rainfall can be enough to warrant drastic water damage repairs. Examine your roof and drainpipes. Clean your drainpipes of debris regularly, particularly in autumn. Are there any loose screws or tiles on your roof? Check flashings for cracks or gaps. If your ceiling incurs water damage, it can cause serious structural problems. Any minor problems should be intercepted as soon as possible with a professional water damage repairs company to avoid the need for full renovation. Here's another one of those old sayings: "a stitch in time saves nine." By addressing any minor water damage issues immediately you can save your property from needing major repairs. However small the issue may seem, address it. Don't beat about the bush, call in a professional and you could save a small fortune in repairs.
Basement Flooding Repair in Beaver Dam Wi
Imagine this scenario. You wake up at 7am to go to work and walk through your living room, only to hear, "squish, squish, squish" and see footprints left behind. A pipe burst in your wall and has been leaking water for 8 hours, flooding your entire home and saturating carpet. What do you do? Here are 10 quick and easy tips and safety steps to take when dealing with a flood or water damage disaster. If you are in a life threatening situation, call 911 immediately. Immediately leave any wet or flooded areas. Do not stand on wet ground. Ensure all people and animals in the building are safe and get them to dry ground. Ensure the structure is safe, if not, leave the building immediately. Turn off any electricity to the affected area, as long as it is safe to do so. Turn off the water supply at the meter, usually located in the front of the building.
Turn off any natural gas supply lines. Call a local water damage restoration company to schedule immediate cleanup. Call your insurance adjuster to file a claim. Most water damage losses are covered by insurance. Set up any needed shelter, or contact a friend or family member for additional housing assistance. If the structure is safe, after following the above steps, follow this short checklist to have ready for the water damage technician when they arrive. Any missing or damaged roof shingles? Is there bent or missing flashing? Is there gutter damage? Is the chimney intact or damaged? Is the stucco stained or cracked and loose? Is the brick wet or stained? Are the siding boards intact, warped or loose? Are there signs of water intrusion through the windows? Are there signs of water intrusion through basement windows or window wells? Is any of the insulation wet or damaged?
Emergency Water Damage Service in Beaver Dam Wi
- Strip away the greatest number of water damaged items as possible that belonging to the area, analyzing what could very well be thrown out and what can be dried and kept. If for example your water looks to be very clear and clean, sop as much water as possible using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
- If it's a vital flooding spill, turn off your point of electricity. You don't need to electrocute yourself. We are able to generate mobile generators to operate our Beaver Dam equipment and light for you.
- Whenever you can, locate the cause of the leak and if appropriate shut it off. Should the Beaver Dam water damaged ceiling is coming from a contaminated source, suchlike sewage lines, leave the location immediately and avoid getting sick. Do away with any excess water damaged items as possible of the area, deciding what could very well be trashed and what is generally dried and kept. In most cases the water looks to be very clear and clean, sop up as much water that you can using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
Find a Pro
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|