Last Updated: 07/16/2020
Basement Water Removal Service in Dunn Loring Va
Our water damage staff will walk you through how to turn off your water line, electricity, and gas. By closing the water valve you reduce the depth of floods. Without electricity in the outlets there is no chance of short circuits and electrocution. A working gas line during any disaster can result in a gas leak explosion. We work hard to keep you safe, so we will inform you of the right steps to take to do so. If leaks last more than 24 hours, your insurance may lapse and mold may form, so call our water damage operatives immediately and we will also work with your Dunn Loring homeowner’s insurance coverage.
How We Handle Water Damage Repair Dunn Loring
- We make sure the working environment is safe
- Inspect and identify the source and make sure no more flooding is happening
- Extraction with our truck mounted system and pumps
- Install drying equipment and monitor daily until all materials are dried to the specified requirements
As a local Dunn Loring operated business we take every step and provide all the services from start to finish. We can assist you from determining the degree of your emergency to helping you file your insurance claim. We will incorporate the best in advanced commercial grade equipment technology to dry your home or business swiftly and completely. Our state of the art equipment will determine when the affected areas are fully dry and record that data for each affected area. We understand the trauma and disruption that a flooding event can create, and we do whatever it takes to return your life to normal with minimal disruption. You can count on us for 24/7 Emergency Service.
Water Leak Damage in Dunn Loring Va
As millions of people have discovered, Dunn Loring water damage can be a disaster whether it is due to natural causes like flooding or a broken pipe. Learn what to do when water damage strikes with these simple steps.
- Turn off the power. Water and electricity don't mix. Shut down the electricity to all impacted areas. If you aren't sure, then err on the side of caution and turn off power at the main breaker.
- Locate the source. Sometimes it is easy to locate the source of the water; for instance, in a flood. Other times it can be more than a little difficult since leaky pipes or other problems can drip into different areas. If the source isn't easily spotted consider calling a professional to assist. It might save you a lot of time and money on repairs.
- Extract the water. If you are without power, a gasoline powered pump may be required. Be sure to keep it outside as it will give off dangerous fumes inside a home. Water extraction should take place as soon as possible to avoid the growth of mold and mildew.
Restoration Companies Near Me in Dunn Loring Va
A major aspect of water damage restoration is carpet cleaning and decontamination of other forms of flooring after storms and flooding. Some areas of the USA are more susceptible to such conditions than others, but it is important that residents anywhere are aware of the inherent dangers involved with flooding of their homes. In fact, heavy storms can cause back-up of sewage into your home without flooding being involved. Flooding leads to the potential contamination of your home and business premises with human and animal feces and other forms of bacterial contamination. This comes from backed-up drains and sewers, and also from animal droppings. Bacteria multiply rapidly in wet and damp conditions, and it is essential that this pollution is removed and your flooring and furnishings cleaned as soon as possible. Your first act, once the water has been pumped away, is to lift all your contaminated carpets. Hang them on a rope outside and hose then down thoroughly with clean water. If your water service has not yet been restored, there is little you can do until it is.
This is when you should call in a professional that specializes in water damage restoration or carpet cleaning services. In fact, it is wise to call them in immediately, rather than try it yourself. If a carpet is immersed in flood water for 48 hours or more it will be more or less irrecoverable and will likely have to be destroyed. That is because the bacterial infection will be right into the fibers of the pile, and the level of sterilization required would ruin the carpet in any case. Before that you have a chance, as long as the carpet is not foam-backed. Then it would have to be disposed of in any case. A 10% bleach solution can be used to sterilize the carpet, but not if it is made from real wool or nylon. The bleach will discolor these fibers. Do this after hosing it down but before drying it.
Find a Pro
22027, 22180, 22182
Find Your Service
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|