Last Updated: 07/07/2020
Water Damage Experts in West Point Ut
Potential water damage is best dealt with quickly. Most lasting structural damage is caused not because something got wet, but because it stayed wet for hours, days or even weeks. Allowing floors, walls, ceilings, carpets and furniture to stay wet can cause very costly permanent damage. While, mud, sewage and other elements which often accompany water can be hard to clean, and just make people want to give up, it is vital that clean up start immediately. Start Immediately by securing the area where the water is coming from. If a plumbing source turn off the water to the house immediately. If there is water standing in the home, turn off the electricity, by turning off breakers to flooded rooms, or by calling the electric company to shut off power to the entire house. Do not stand in water if there is any chance the water may come into contact with electricity.
Never use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water from a wet floor. If flooding is due to rainwater, or river overflow, it may be necessary to evacuate for safety. To clean up water damage you do not have to evacuate, start clean up right away by securing your possessions. If possible remove small furniture from saturated floors, and place plastic bags under heavy furniture to prevent water from seeping upwards like a wick.
24 Hour Water Restoration in West Point Ut
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by West Point mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in West Point
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Emergency Flood Cleanup in West Point Ut
The foundation has to be one of the first things to be fixed because this is what is holding your home up and bad foundation can be dangerous for anyone living in the home. Walls and internal structures - Water will often times damage your walls or other internal structures that need to be repaired right away or it may cause other problems you don't need. Professionals can ensure cleanup is done right because they have the experience to do. Plus, they understand that left behind water can cause mold and this is not healthy for any family. Now that you understand these reasons you can see why the damage needs to be repaired immediately. Cleanup of water damage is a huge job to handle. If you plan on doing the cleanup yourself, then you need to ensure you can do it right; otherwise, be smart and get the professional to help you cleanup.
Black water flooding usually occurs in case of a natural disaster or serious damage to the sewage system. This type of water damage must be handled by professionals only as it is extremely hazardous. Class 1 destruction is when there is a small amount of moisture within a restricted area. Usually, only porous materials such as plywood are affected. As long as the area is dried quickly, only minor water damage repair will be necessary. Class 2 destruction is present when the water has affected the entire room and has reached a level of twelve inches or higher. It has penetrated various structural materials, but not too deeply. In this case, the repair can involve removing wet sections of damaged materials like drywall and filling the holes with special sealant. This method has the best chances of working when the drying is quick. Class 3 water destruction is when the walls, ceilings and floors along with the carpet and insulation are saturated with water.
Disaster Cleanup in West Point Ut
Studies have revealed that wet materials are the best breeding grounds for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold and can lead to many diseases, trigger allergic reactions and continue to damage materials. This description may sound scary. However, every problem has a solution so why not this one. Make sure you maintain indoor relative humidity between 30 and 50 per cent by using dehumidifiers as required. Monitor humidity levels with a Hygrometer. Hygrometer is an inexpensive device which can be found at any hardware stores. Ensure that there is ample ventilation in your house especially in humid areas such as bathrooms and attics, moisture-producing appliances, such as clothes dryers. Open the doors and windows of your house as and when possible to encourage air exchange. Seal the windows properly to avoid condensation. Insulate cold water pipes and air conditioning vents. Make sure that you monitor moist areas like the bathrooms, kitchens, basements and attics for mold growth. Look for surface discoloration and spot the mold with your nose as the musty, earthy smell may be a sign of this fungi. Throw inexpensive, water-logged and mold-infested materials away. You can use an EPA-registered solution for the not so-much infested materials. The solution will not only remove but also prevent the fungus.
Generators are also called portable power plants. While your neighbors are waiting for days on end for the power company to come out and repair the lines, you can enjoy the basic necessities with your own portable power plant. Large organizations with well-thought-out business continuity plans incorporate portable power plants into their plans. When the lights go out, the generators go on. The city doesn't have to come to a complete standstill when the power goes off. In fact, when the lights go off, workers spring to action. Portable power plants and generators soon come to life and repair technicians are dispatched to repair the infrastructure. In the meantime, if you or a loved one relies on power for medical reasons, aren't you glad that this technology is available? Hurricanes and earthquakes can knock out the lights - but not for long when you have a good emergency power restoration plan in place.
Water Damage Cleanup And Restoration in West Point Ut
- Strip away the greatest number of water damaged items as possible that belonging to the area, analyzing what could very well be thrown out and what can be dried and kept. If for example your water looks to be very clear and clean, sop as much water as possible using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
- If it's a vital flooding spill, turn off your point of electricity. You don't need to electrocute yourself. We are able to generate mobile generators to operate our West Point equipment and light for you.
- Whenever you can, locate the cause of the leak and if appropriate shut it off. Should the West Point water damaged ceiling is coming from a contaminated source, suchlike sewage lines, leave the location immediately and avoid getting sick. Do away with any excess water damaged items as possible of the area, deciding what could very well be trashed and what is generally dried and kept. In most cases the water looks to be very clear and clean, sop up as much water that you can using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
Find a Pro
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|