Last Updated: 07/12/2020
Water Damage And Mold in Georgetown Tx
The floods that happened last year still seem so fresh in our minds. The water may have receded; however, what has been left behind is the mold everywhere! Before we get into the remedial measures, let us first understand what exactly a mold is and how do they become our uninvited guests! Molds are small organisms that are found almost everywhere in your household, including your plants, food and dry leaves. They can be of any color-white, orange, green or black. They are not always useless but can also help the environment by helping in breaking down the dead material. Post-floods, you may try going an extra mile by vigorously cleaning the porous household surfaces with bleach. However, these surfaces continue to house fungal microbes, even after strenuous bleaching. They may look restored, but the truth is that bleach does not penetrate to the roots of mold and the surface remains infected.
Molds are very tiny and light in weight. As a result, they can travel easily through air. They grow with the help of the nutrients that they find on most building surfaces. The mold spores land on damp material like walls, floors, appliances like the humidifiers or air conditioners, carpet or furniture and begin to multiply. When present in large numbers they may cause allergic symptoms similar to those caused by plant pollen. Persistent mold can affect your health and also damage surfaces. Exposure to molds is likely to cause watery eyes, a runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, and itching, coughing, wheezing, difficulty in breathing, headache and fatigue. Also, the health problems may not be the same for all persons as some people are more sensitive to molds than others. Infants and children, elderly person, people with low immunity levels or individuals with existing respiratory problems are likely to face more health problems than others.
Restoration Water Damage Company in Georgetown Tx
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Georgetown mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Georgetown
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Water Damage On Wood in Georgetown Tx
Time is crucial when water has flooded your home. Whether it is a broken or leaky pipes, sink overflow, toilet overflow, bathtub overflow, refrigerator, washing machine, water heater, or dishwasher overflow, air conditioner leaks, sump pump failure, hardwood floor water damage, or crawl space water damage due to storms, we will find the source, stop the flooding, provide full extraction and structural drying. We are proud to be the number one Georgetown water damage company.
Handling Your Georgetown Water Damage 24/7
The consequences of insufficient home water damage restoration are far too great to leave flood damage cleanup improperly restored. Most property owners are not aware of what is needed to complete water damage repair and have a lot of questions. That’s where the certified water removal professionals like us come in. Our water damage restoration specialists are qualified through formal training and experience on water extraction and how to remove excess flood water completely, to make sure evaporation occurs and to establish the dehumidification needed to stop further damage.
Georgetown Water Damage Repair of Burst and Broken Pipes
Burst or broken pipes can be a major headache when you have water damage and aren’t sure immediately from where the source of damage is coming from. Sprinkler line pipe burst often go unnoticed until the water comes rushing through basement window wells and walls causing significant basement water damage. Pipe burst in the attic can lead to gallons of water raining down on the rooms inside your home.
Disaster Cleanup in Georgetown Tx
Water leaks can happen at the most inconvenient times. A lot of these occur on weekends, vacation periods or at night. Much of the reason for this being, fewer people are using the mains water system at night, so pressure builds and unfortunately finds the weakest spot in your Georgetown plumbing system.
Water damage is not just annoying, it can wreak havoc on your property in no time if left untreated. It should be considered an emergency situation as, depending on the source, water damage can also become a health hazard and lead to mold problems. Water damage shrinks leather, warps wood, damages carpet, and causes other serious problems. Immediate damage repair is crucial in preventing water damage from further destroying your Georgetown residential or commercial property.
We use the latest technology and equipment in water extraction, drying and restoration. Using proven science to identify the extent of the Georgetown water damage and to verify our results, we can further ensure that all materials are completely restored before we leave your home. You want your home back to the condition it was in prior to the water damage. We employ state of the art organic anti-microbial techniques to eliminate any odors and to kill and prevent the growth of illness causing mold and mildew.
Water Mitigation Company in Georgetown Tx
- Strip away the greatest number of water damaged items as possible that belonging to the area, analyzing what could very well be thrown out and what can be dried and kept. If for example your water looks to be very clear and clean, sop as much water as possible using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
- If it's a vital flooding spill, turn off your point of electricity. You don't need to electrocute yourself. We are able to generate mobile generators to operate our Georgetown equipment and light for you.
- Whenever you can, locate the cause of the leak and if appropriate shut it off. Should the Georgetown water damaged ceiling is coming from a contaminated source, suchlike sewage lines, leave the location immediately and avoid getting sick. Do away with any excess water damaged items as possible of the area, deciding what could very well be trashed and what is generally dried and kept. In most cases the water looks to be very clear and clean, sop up as much water that you can using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
78626, 78627, 78628, 78633
Find Your Service
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|