Water Damage Near Me Oak Grove Sc

Last Updated: 07/05/2020

Flooded Carpet in Oak Grove Sc

The floods that happened last year still seem so fresh in our minds. The water may have receded; however, what has been left behind is the mold everywhere! Before we get into the remedial measures, let us first understand what exactly a mold is and how do they become our uninvited guests! Molds are small organisms that are found almost everywhere in your household, including your plants, food and dry leaves. They can be of any color-white, orange, green or black. They are not always useless but can also help the environment by helping in breaking down the dead material. Post-floods, you may try going an extra mile by vigorously cleaning the porous household surfaces with bleach. However, these surfaces continue to house fungal microbes, even after strenuous bleaching. They may look restored, but the truth is that bleach does not penetrate to the roots of mold and the surface remains infected.

Molds are very tiny and light in weight. As a result, they can travel easily through air. They grow with the help of the nutrients that they find on most building surfaces. The mold spores land on damp material like walls, floors, appliances like the humidifiers or air conditioners, carpet or furniture and begin to multiply. When present in large numbers they may cause allergic symptoms similar to those caused by plant pollen. Persistent mold can affect your health and also damage surfaces. Exposure to molds is likely to cause watery eyes, a runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, and itching, coughing, wheezing, difficulty in breathing, headache and fatigue. Also, the health problems may not be the same for all persons as some people are more sensitive to molds than others. Infants and children, elderly person, people with low immunity levels or individuals with existing respiratory problems are likely to face more health problems than others.

Emergency Restoration Services in Oak Grove Sc

Your home is your biggest asset and it is important to know how to take care of it. Accidents can and do happen and water damage can be a very real problem. It is important to learn as much as you can so that you can be prepared if something like this happens to you.

When your home is flooded there are a few things you can and should do. First of all shut off your electricity and gas. We all know that electricity and water are a bad combination. So do yourself a favor and turn it off just to be safe. Chances are you will be checking the foundations of your house as well as any short circuits in your electrical systems and you don't want to cause any more problems than you already have.

Next move any items that you have in the damaged area outside, or some other dry area. Take paintings off of the walls and expensive furniture out. Open all the windows and find fans if you can to start airing out the flooded area. Try and remove as much of the standing water as possible. Wipe off excessive water with towels and dry the carpet.

Water Damage On Wood in Oak Grove Sc

Studies have revealed that wet materials are the best breeding grounds for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold and can lead to many diseases, trigger allergic reactions and continue to damage materials. This description may sound scary. However, every problem has a solution so why not this one. Make sure you maintain indoor relative humidity between 30 and 50 per cent by using dehumidifiers as required. Monitor humidity levels with a Hygrometer. Hygrometer is an inexpensive device which can be found at any hardware stores. Ensure that there is ample ventilation in your house especially in humid areas such as bathrooms and attics, moisture-producing appliances, such as clothes dryers. Open the doors and windows of your house as and when possible to encourage air exchange. Seal the windows properly to avoid condensation. Insulate cold water pipes and air conditioning vents. Make sure that you monitor moist areas like the bathrooms, kitchens, basements and attics for mold growth. Look for surface discoloration and spot the mold with your nose as the musty, earthy smell may be a sign of this fungi. Throw inexpensive, water-logged and mold-infested materials away. You can use an EPA-registered solution for the not so-much infested materials. The solution will not only remove but also prevent the fungus.

Generators are also called portable power plants. While your neighbors are waiting for days on end for the power company to come out and repair the lines, you can enjoy the basic necessities with your own portable power plant. Large organizations with well-thought-out business continuity plans incorporate portable power plants into their plans. When the lights go out, the generators go on. The city doesn't have to come to a complete standstill when the power goes off. In fact, when the lights go off, workers spring to action. Portable power plants and generators soon come to life and repair technicians are dispatched to repair the infrastructure. In the meantime, if you or a loved one relies on power for medical reasons, aren't you glad that this technology is available? Hurricanes and earthquakes can knock out the lights - but not for long when you have a good emergency power restoration plan in place.

Find a Pro

29073, 29169, 29170

Offering

Disaster Cleanup Index
Basement Flooded Index
Flood Damage Cleanup Index
Water Restoration Companies Index

North Myrtle Beach Restoration Company | Orangeburg Water Restoration

South Carolina Damage Restoration Water