Last Updated: 07/05/2020
Water In Basement in Clemson Sc
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Clemson mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Clemson
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Basement Flooding in Clemson Sc
Basement waterproofing is necessary if you wish to keep your home free of the possible dangers of molds. These fungi, unknown to some, pose serious health risks if left unattended for a long time. You see, prolonged exposure to molds may lead to some serious respiratory problems. They even produce toxic substances called mycotoxins that have led to death in a few cases. Normally, though, these toxins may cause neurological disorders. At the very least, mold growths in your home will trigger allergic reactions. Mold remediation by a professional may be needed to make sure your place is free of molds. If present, then you need to take actions to get rid of them. Mold removal is necessary to protect your loved ones from such hazards. Basement waterproofing is just one of the important steps in keeping your home mold-free. The basic idea of basement waterproofing is to stop water from getting in and settling in your basement. A damp environment is the favorite living condition of molds so you need to get rid of water.
To do so, you will need to turn off the water first. Dry the leaky pipes and apply powerful sealants. If the pipes are damaged beyond repair, then you may have to replace them. Covering all the pipe joints and connections with sealant can also be done just to be sure. Cracks on the walls where water may seep through are indications that you may need some foundation repair done. This is a delicate task so ask a professional to do it for you. Construction-grade epoxy and other water sealants may be used to fix the big wall and floor cracks. The cracks should be cleaned out first before patching them up with sealants. Cracks on concrete cement walls and floors are repaired by filling them with mortar made of one part cement, two parts of sand and mixed with water. As for small or hairline ones, you can fill them up with waterproofing mix.
29630, 29631, 29632, 29633, 29634, 29670
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|