Last Updated: 07/12/2020
Water Damage Company in South Whitehall Pa
In the event of a fire in a home, South Whitehall home insurance exists to help the home owners deal with the tragedy of losing personal property and memorabilia that can never be replaced. When a fire occurs, there is most times water damage along with fire damage due to:
- Efforts of firemen to put out the blaze at the location by using water hoses from the fire truck
- Water pipes that have become busted and broken as a result of being exposed to high temperatures from the fire.
- The damage that results usually falls in the category of South Whitehall home insurance water damage, and would typically be covered under a home insurance policy.
When home insurance water damage occurs, there is usually a situation where the restoration team will end up cleaning mold. Mold is an almost pre-determined side effect or result of home insurance water damage, whether or not it is related to a fire. So just what constitutes a restoration project for water damage?
Disaster Cleanup in South Whitehall Pa
However, depending on the extent of the damage or how much time has passed before the restoration process has started, South Whitehall home owners might have to end up dealing with heavy mold build up. There is a sequence of steps that ties in with cleaning mold and South Whitehall mold removal.
The steps include:
- Checking levels of mold to determine the intensity of treatment required
- Determining the type of mold and the toxicity levels. Certain types of mold are extremely hazardous and can result in autoimmune disease and even death
- Determining if each room has enough ventilation so moisture levels can be controlled
- Locating the specific moisture areas in the house and address the reasons that contribute to the moisture.
Restoration Companies Near Me in South Whitehall Pa
Probably you are wondering what exactly is a desiccant dehumidifier? Sometimes it is rather confusing to talk about water damage restoration. Experts in water damage use many complex and expensive tools, each one has its own purpose. In this article, you will be given basic information about these tools, including what they are and why they are used.
The desiccant dehumidifier is one of the most important tools water damage specialists use. It is comprised of four major components: the component that holds the desiccant material, a fan to move air through the desiccant holder (to be dehumidified), a heater to heat air that will dry the desiccant material, and another fan to move the air that is to dry the desiccant through the desiccant holder. When you have a flood, there is water, and a desiccant dehumidifier gets rid of that water. A dehumidifier is used to remove water from cement floors, insulation, carpets, interior paints, drywall, basements, and plaster. Say, for example, your sink springs a leak and floods the entire kitchen. Yes, you can pump all of that water out fairly easily; however, any porous surface (wood, drywall, cement, insulation, carpet, etc.) that the water was touching has now soaked up that water and has become saturated with it. There is no way to completely get rid of that water damage unless you use a dehumidifier.
18052, 18069, 18102, 18103, 18104
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|