Last Updated: 07/08/2020
Basement Flooding in Beaverton Or
All our Beaverton professionals are well placed to reach you in the shortest possible time. No matter what hour of the day or night we give the quickest response you could imagine. Water will not wait for your pipe to be fixed, it will flow regardless.
- First, look for any potential electrical hazards and beware of slippery surfaces.
- Turn on fans/AC and open windows – don’t worry if you don’t have much, we’ll bring in the heavy duty Beaverton equipment.
- Collect loose items from table tops, floor, and walls and store in a dry and airy place.
- Wipe down any wooden furniture.
- Place waterproof barrier like aluminum foil in between furniture legs and wet carpet.
We're ready to assist with your Beaverton water damage & restoration needs. We respond to residential or commercial property damage emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our staff of water, flood, and fire experts will quickly assess the situation to take the right course of action. Our professionals are highly trained and certified in water damage cleanup and applied structural drying. We have a thorough knowledge of the categories and classes of water damage and how each of these factors impacts your property.
Emergency Water Damage Service in Beaverton Or
Water damage can occur in your home in a variety of ways. Burst pipes, overflowing gutters, and flood-inducing rains are just a few of the common causes. Any amount of water can put undue stress on a homeowner and the home itself. Structural damage, loss of possessions, and the threat of mold can seem more overwhelming than the flooding itself. Thankfully, professional help is available. We provide water damage restoration for Beaverton residents to relieve the stresses associated with water damage.
Water of any severity can cause serious problems in your home, however, those problems can compound depending on the type of water in your home. Water from pipes and fixtures is typically clean and easier to treat. However, things become more complicated when you’re dealing with flood waters or a sewage backup. This water has contaminants such as dirt, bacteria, and other debris which sully your home. The Beaverton water damage restoration professionals are prepared to tackle any type of water damage and return your home to its pre-loss condition.
Do-it-yourself water removal techniques can leave you with more problems than solutions. Our professionals will provide reconstruction of damaged surfaces including: flooring, ceilings, walls, and other structural components. Typically, restoration can be performed at a fraction of the cost of total replacement.
Emergency Water Restoration in Beaverton Or
Some disasters cannot be planned for or expected such as fires and floods. For a homeowner, water damage and fire damage are expensive and stressful problems to deal with. Luckily, there are several services out there that offer help. Fire concrete walls or earthen berm. A berm is most commonly used but is only suitable for an area that is over 6 feet in width and at least a foot in height.
If this is not possible then a concrete wall is used. Another form of flooding protection is using dry flood proofing, which will ensure that the building is watertight. The walls of the buildings are constructed with waterproof materials and the windows are doors are reinforced to help prevent the water from getting into the home. Sandbags are used too, so that water can be soaked up, where there are cracks in the doors. Irrigation canals and ditches have been built in many areas where floods are common. They need to be maintained constantly, so can cost a lot of money through the councils. These canals and ditches are used to help move the water away from a property or piece of land so that the damage is limited. It takes a professional to come in and look at where a ditch needs to be placed and the direction it should travel in for maximum protection.
Water Cleanup Restoration in Beaverton Or
As millions of people have discovered, Beaverton water damage can be a disaster whether it is due to natural causes like flooding or a broken pipe. Learn what to do when water damage strikes with these simple steps.
- Turn off the power. Water and electricity don't mix. Shut down the electricity to all impacted areas. If you aren't sure, then err on the side of caution and turn off power at the main breaker.
- Locate the source. Sometimes it is easy to locate the source of the water; for instance, in a flood. Other times it can be more than a little difficult since leaky pipes or other problems can drip into different areas. If the source isn't easily spotted consider calling a professional to assist. It might save you a lot of time and money on repairs.
- Extract the water. If you are without power, a gasoline powered pump may be required. Be sure to keep it outside as it will give off dangerous fumes inside a home. Water extraction should take place as soon as possible to avoid the growth of mold and mildew.
97005, 97006, 97007, 97008, 97075, 97076, 97077, 97078, 97223, 97225, 97229
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|