Last Updated: 07/14/2020
Water Damage Wall in Columbus Oh
Learn how to protect yourself and your family from water related damage with these quick tips:
- React Fast. Time is of the essence. When Columbus water damage takes place it is imperative to contact a water damage and extraction company as soon as possible. Don't wait until the next morning - search for providers that offer 24/7 support! Mold and mildew can begin growing within 24 to 48 hours!
- Remove. Until all the water is extracted and the humidity levels returned to normal, it may be necessary to remove furniture and other items from the area even if they aren't in direct contact with the water. High humidity and general unsanitary conditions may contaminate other items. Work with a reputable Columbus water damage repair service that provides relocation and storage assistance for your belongings.
- Report. Extensive water related damages often require the financial support of insurance - after all, that is what insurance is for. Don't risk the health and security of your family and investments by trying to do it yourself; instead, locate a reputable water damage and restoration company that works with insurance to help you begin the process of restoring your property.
Basement Flood in Columbus Oh
Within hours, hazardous mold and mildew begin to grow in your water damage affected home. If left untreated, the mold will quickly multiply and grow throughout the affected area of your residence. Within 72 to 94 hours, your home is far into secondary water damage affects and the consequences that arise with such long procrastination. Water damage is progressive, meaning that it the longer you wait to treat it, the worse the damage becomes. Although the majority of the damage happens instantly when the water begins to come in contact with your home and the items inside of it, the secondary water damage can made your home uninhabitable. For the sake of simplicity, I will outline a time line in which different damages occur in chronological order. 1-6 Hours: The water has been soaked up by drywall, padding, and absorbent materials such as cardboard and cushions. Depending on the type of water (clean, gray, or black), these materials may already be unsalvageable and dangerous to reuse. 6-24 Hours: Mold and mildew have begun to grow along with hazardous bacteria and other microorganisms.
Depending on the original contaminates of the water, these harmful microorganisms can vary from quite dangerous to causing only mild discomfort. 24-72 Hours: The water has begun to take its toll on furniture and your home's structural integrity. Secondary damage is already occurring and it can render your furniture and other personal items unsalvageable within this time frame. Hours: Even if you were originally affected with clean water, the bacteria content in the water has grown to such high levels that all affected materials must be promptly removed. Everything that was touched by this water (furniture, personal items, baseboards, walls, etc.) must be removed and discarded. The mold and mildew are in full force, and are most likely are beginning to become visible on the back of baseboards. After a week of untreated water damage, your ventilation system is beginning to be bombarded with mold spores. This can trigger asthmatic attacks and is simply detrimental to our respiratory system.
Water Damage Restoration Company in Columbus Oh
Our Columbus water damage repair/water removal technicians will first determine if you need to relocate to temporary housing during the process. If you are required to stay at a hotel or other temporary housing, remember to keep your bills and receipts. If you do this correctly, your insurance company should reimburse you after you file a claim.
Columbus Water Removal will now go in and take care of all the standing and surface water with water extraction and water removal services. This usually requires using an industrial strength water vacuum, and should be done on an emergency basis. If the water sits in your property for too long, it could cause mold growth and require mold remediation services.
The next step requires industrial strength dehumidifiers and fans. The fans disperse the water particles, and the dehumidifiers absorbs the vapor and turns it back into liquid.
Water Leak Damage in Columbus Oh
As millions of people have discovered, Columbus water damage can be a disaster whether it is due to natural causes like flooding or a broken pipe. Learn what to do when water damage strikes with these simple steps.
- Turn off the power. Water and electricity don't mix. Shut down the electricity to all impacted areas. If you aren't sure, then err on the side of caution and turn off power at the main breaker.
- Locate the source. Sometimes it is easy to locate the source of the water; for instance, in a flood. Other times it can be more than a little difficult since leaky pipes or other problems can drip into different areas. If the source isn't easily spotted consider calling a professional to assist. It might save you a lot of time and money on repairs.
- Extract the water. If you are without power, a gasoline powered pump may be required. Be sure to keep it outside as it will give off dangerous fumes inside a home. Water extraction should take place as soon as possible to avoid the growth of mold and mildew.
43002, 43004, 43016, 43017, 43026, 43035, 43054, 43065, 43068, 43081, 43082, 43085, 43109, 43110, 43119, 43123, 43125, 43137, 43147, 43201, 43202, 43203, 43204, 43205, 43206, 43207, 43209, 43210, 43211, 43212, 43213, 43214, 43215, 43216, 43217, 43218, 43219, 43220, 43221, 43222, 43223, 43224, 43226, 43227, 43228, 43229, 43230, 43231, 43232, 43234, 43235, 43236, 43240, 43251, 43260, 43265, 43266, 43268, 43270, 43271, 43272, 43279, 43287, 43291
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|