Last Updated: 07/04/2020
Basement Flooding Repair in Graham Nc
Learn how to protect yourself and your family from water related damage with these quick tips:
- React Fast. Time is of the essence. When Graham water damage takes place it is imperative to contact a water damage and extraction company as soon as possible. Don't wait until the next morning - search for providers that offer 24/7 support! Mold and mildew can begin growing within 24 to 48 hours!
- Remove. Until all the water is extracted and the humidity levels returned to normal, it may be necessary to remove furniture and other items from the area even if they aren't in direct contact with the water. High humidity and general unsanitary conditions may contaminate other items. Work with a reputable Graham water damage repair service that provides relocation and storage assistance for your belongings.
- Report. Extensive water related damages often require the financial support of insurance - after all, that is what insurance is for. Don't risk the health and security of your family and investments by trying to do it yourself; instead, locate a reputable water damage and restoration company that works with insurance to help you begin the process of restoring your property.
Emergency Water Damage Service in Graham Nc
Putting aside intentional vandalism, a big storm is your most likely concern when it comes to acquiring property damage. A good storm can leave your roof in disrepair, your windows shattered, and your siding lying by the side of the house. If you have insurance, the monetary cost should be covered, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a roadmap to repair. The insurance company's idea of what should cover the costs may also differ substantially from reality. A lot of homeowners look around in confusion and frustration after incurring this kind of destruction. If you're among them, here are some things you can do. If you're having trouble coming up with the funds to pay a professional, you'll have to do the cleanup on your own. Don't depend on your insurance company to come through with the funds in time. If there are issues with water, for instance, you need to start getting it out immediately. Every hour it sits in your home, the worse the property damage becomes. If it stays long enough, you may not be left with anything salvageable.
Plenty of people have faced this very reality. If you can afford to hire a professional restoration company, do so. It's money well spent. Once you've taken care of any water problems (that means getting rid of not just the flooding, but the dampness as well), it's time to start talking restoration and rebuilding. If you're just looking at a fence in disrepair, it could be a project you can tackle on your own. Anything more substantial, and you'll need to shop for a good contractor. This is a dangerous time for homeowners. When a storm blows through town, shady contractors are never more than a step behind. Make a policy to hire only established and reputable contractors and you'll be able to avoid scams. This isn't a time where your kids need to be outside playing in the yard without shoes. Storm-caused property damage can lead to a host of dangers, many of which may be invisible until it's too late. Stray nails, for instance, could be anywhere. This may be true at all times, but it is especially important to remember following an event such as this. It's already a burden to recover from such an incident. Don't make it worse by adding a medical emergency on top of it. Exercise caution until everything is cleaned up.
Water Remediation Services in Graham Nc
As a homeowner, you should always be concerned about how to clean up water damage, even if it has not yet happened to you. In truth, this is every homeowner's worst nightmare scenario, and it makes no difference whether the damage is caused by a faucet that was not turned off, a burst pipe, a bad rainstorm, or a flash flood. The fact is that water can cause massive amounts of damage in a very short time, and you should know what to do if you should ever have to go through a cleanup.
It is quite evident that the first thing you need to do is to find the source of the water and begin from there. If your bathtub or toilet overflowed, or if rain got into your basement or crawlspaces, that is very easy to see. On the other hand, if water is seeping through cracks in the ceiling, or if it is staining your walls, it may be very difficult to get to the source.
If you have a leaky roof, then you need to fix your roof immediately so that you can stop any further damage. If you have a leaky pipe or a burst pipe, you need to shut off your water supply until you find the damaged pipe.
24 Hour Water Restoration in Graham Nc
In case your Graham house has suffered major structural damage, you should stay put until you have confirmation that it is safe to enter. Before you go inside, you must ensure that the power supply and the water supply to the house have been terminated. Since the water may be contaminated, you must wear protective clothing and a mask, even if it has subsided. Another thing to keep in mind is that the security of your Graham property is your responsibility, no matter whether you can enter or not.
Here are a few steps to take:
- Get in touch with your insurer
- Check which furnishings can be salvaged
- Go back inside only if it's safe
Find a Pro
27253, 27258, 27302
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|