Last Updated: 07/07/2020
Flood Repair Companies in Teaneck Nj
The floods that happened last year still seem so fresh in our minds. The water may have receded; however, what has been left behind is the mold everywhere! Before we get into the remedial measures, let us first understand what exactly a mold is and how do they become our uninvited guests! Molds are small organisms that are found almost everywhere in your household, including your plants, food and dry leaves. They can be of any color-white, orange, green or black. They are not always useless but can also help the environment by helping in breaking down the dead material. Post-floods, you may try going an extra mile by vigorously cleaning the porous household surfaces with bleach. However, these surfaces continue to house fungal microbes, even after strenuous bleaching. They may look restored, but the truth is that bleach does not penetrate to the roots of mold and the surface remains infected.
Molds are very tiny and light in weight. As a result, they can travel easily through air. They grow with the help of the nutrients that they find on most building surfaces. The mold spores land on damp material like walls, floors, appliances like the humidifiers or air conditioners, carpet or furniture and begin to multiply. When present in large numbers they may cause allergic symptoms similar to those caused by plant pollen. Persistent mold can affect your health and also damage surfaces. Exposure to molds is likely to cause watery eyes, a runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, and itching, coughing, wheezing, difficulty in breathing, headache and fatigue. Also, the health problems may not be the same for all persons as some people are more sensitive to molds than others. Infants and children, elderly person, people with low immunity levels or individuals with existing respiratory problems are likely to face more health problems than others.
Flood Damage Services in Teaneck Nj
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Teaneck mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Teaneck
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Soot Remover in Teaneck Nj
And last but not least, repair technicians may use a heavy (80-100 lb.) roller. The roller is used to press the carpet and squeeze it out removing any remaining water after the pump. This process is done before the air movers are utilized to dry the carpet out as much as possible. It is a crucial step to having dry carpets because in order to dry the carpet out with the air movers, the carpet must be near-dry so that it is not too heavy for air to lift.
You now have a better understanding of what tools the technicians use to remove water damage and how they work. Yes, it is very complicated, but specialists use this equipment everyday; so you can sit back, relax, and wait for your water damage to be repaired!
Flood Damage Repair in Teaneck Nj
The first step involves making sure you properly locate all areas where the leak may be coming from. This step is crucial for ensuring all possible holes are located to be taken care of. Otherwise the risk for leaks in the future increases.
You should be able to identify and stop the Teaneck water source fairly easy. This step is very important. Failure to do so might increase the water damaged ceiling repair cost by a big margin. If a person is not able to identify the source of water, all the repairs will be in vain.
- Step 1 - Locate
- Step 2 - Drying
- Step 3 - Repair
- Step 4 - Paint
Flooded Basement Cleanup in Teaneck Nj
- Strip away the greatest number of water damaged items as possible that belonging to the area, analyzing what could very well be thrown out and what can be dried and kept. If for example your water looks to be very clear and clean, sop as much water as possible using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
- If it's a vital flooding spill, turn off your point of electricity. You don't need to electrocute yourself. We are able to generate mobile generators to operate our Teaneck equipment and light for you.
- Whenever you can, locate the cause of the leak and if appropriate shut it off. Should the Teaneck water damaged ceiling is coming from a contaminated source, suchlike sewage lines, leave the location immediately and avoid getting sick. Do away with any excess water damaged items as possible of the area, deciding what could very well be trashed and what is generally dried and kept. In most cases the water looks to be very clear and clean, sop up as much water that you can using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|