Last Updated: 07/11/2020
Basement Water Removal Service in Pleasantville Nj
In the event of a fire in a home, Pleasantville home insurance exists to help the home owners deal with the tragedy of losing personal property and memorabilia that can never be replaced. When a fire occurs, there is most times water damage along with fire damage due to:
- Efforts of firemen to put out the blaze at the location by using water hoses from the fire truck
- Water pipes that have become busted and broken as a result of being exposed to high temperatures from the fire.
- The damage that results usually falls in the category of Pleasantville home insurance water damage, and would typically be covered under a home insurance policy.
When home insurance water damage occurs, there is usually a situation where the restoration team will end up cleaning mold. Mold is an almost pre-determined side effect or result of home insurance water damage, whether or not it is related to a fire. So just what constitutes a restoration project for water damage?
Emergency Restoration Services in Pleasantville Nj
As millions of people have discovered, Pleasantville water damage can be a disaster whether it is due to natural causes like flooding or a broken pipe. Learn what to do when water damage strikes with these simple steps.
- Turn off the power. Water and electricity don't mix. Shut down the electricity to all impacted areas. If you aren't sure, then err on the side of caution and turn off power at the main breaker.
- Locate the source. Sometimes it is easy to locate the source of the water; for instance, in a flood. Other times it can be more than a little difficult since leaky pipes or other problems can drip into different areas. If the source isn't easily spotted consider calling a professional to assist. It might save you a lot of time and money on repairs.
- Extract the water. If you are without power, a gasoline powered pump may be required. Be sure to keep it outside as it will give off dangerous fumes inside a home. Water extraction should take place as soon as possible to avoid the growth of mold and mildew.
Flood Remediation Company in Pleasantville Nj
A major aspect of water damage restoration is carpet cleaning and decontamination of other forms of flooring after storms and flooding. Some areas of the USA are more susceptible to such conditions than others, but it is important that residents anywhere are aware of the inherent dangers involved with flooding of their homes. In fact, heavy storms can cause back-up of sewage into your home without flooding being involved. Flooding leads to the potential contamination of your home and business premises with human and animal feces and other forms of bacterial contamination. This comes from backed-up drains and sewers, and also from animal droppings. Bacteria multiply rapidly in wet and damp conditions, and it is essential that this pollution is removed and your flooring and furnishings cleaned as soon as possible. Your first act, once the water has been pumped away, is to lift all your contaminated carpets. Hang them on a rope outside and hose then down thoroughly with clean water. If your water service has not yet been restored, there is little you can do until it is.
This is when you should call in a professional that specializes in water damage restoration or carpet cleaning services. In fact, it is wise to call them in immediately, rather than try it yourself. If a carpet is immersed in flood water for 48 hours or more it will be more or less irrecoverable and will likely have to be destroyed. That is because the bacterial infection will be right into the fibers of the pile, and the level of sterilization required would ruin the carpet in any case. Before that you have a chance, as long as the carpet is not foam-backed. Then it would have to be disposed of in any case. A 10% bleach solution can be used to sterilize the carpet, but not if it is made from real wool or nylon. The bleach will discolor these fibers. Do this after hosing it down but before drying it.
Find a Pro
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|