Last Updated: 07/12/2020
Ceiling Repair Water Damage in Parsippany Troy Hills Nj
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Parsippany Troy Hills mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Parsippany Troy Hills
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Water Damage Wall in Parsippany Troy Hills Nj
Before getting started on your cleanup, you need to determine just how badly things are damaged in your home. You may have a limited amount of damage to your drywall, floors, ceilings, and so on, or you might even have damage to the home's structural integrity, including the foundation. It depends on how long you have had the leak, and on how long the water has had to cause damage to your home.
This article will proceed on the assumption that you have the time and equipment to handle the cleanup on your own, so the very first thing that you need to do is to get fresh air moving through the area that is water damaged. You need to open your windows, your doors, turn on your fans, bring in box fans, etc. What you are trying to accomplish is to completely dry out the area, and this will help to reduce bad smells later on.
The next thing you are going to need is a dehumidifier, and you need to get it going as quickly as you can. The dehumidifier will take that moisture out of the air, which will really help in your water damage cleanup and perhaps even ameliorate the effects of the water damage.
Find a Pro
07005, 07034, 07054, 07834, 07869, 07878, 07950, 07960
Find Your Service
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|