Last Updated: 07/09/2020
Water Damage Restoration Company in Oxford Ms
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Oxford mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Oxford
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Basement Flooding in Oxford Ms
This can have a hazardous effect if you and your family breathe the air for a prolonged period of time. This mold can cause all kinds of problems including rashes, allergies, coughing and other breathing problems. People don't realize how hazardous this is and how hard the mold is to get rid of. If not taken care of quickly it can spread to other parts of the house. Mold can travel through the floorboards and up inside the walls. This can turn your whole house into one giant health hazard. Depending on how bad the water damage is, you might have to get rid of the carpet. The best thing to do is to call a professional. They're trained to deal with wet carpet, mold and bacteria. A professional can check to see if you have a dangerous situation in your home. If it has developed, then there isn't much you can do to get rid of it without taking the carpet out and cleaning underneath it thoroughly. This isn't something you want to mess around with either. The mold may not cause death or anything so severe. However, it could be the reason you've got a nagging cough or just can't quite seem to get rid of that cold. Over time it can have a more dramatic effect on your lungs. The thing to do is contact a carpet water damage restoration service.
The rain is coming down hard and it is not stopping. This is day three of constant rain. Your sump pump is working double time. In the midst of the rain your sump pump decides to break. It happens to be the middle of the night while you are sleeping. Little do you know you will be waking up to a basement flood. You go downstairs to do your laundry and discover you have six inches of water in your basement. You see your sump pump stopped working. Now what do you do? Whether this is the scenario of your basement flood or not, it must be taken care of quickly. You need to get it cleaned up fast before any possible sewage back up occurs. This could mainly happen if you live in the city. Sewage back up is very dangerous with all of the bacteria present. It is very harmful to humans and can cause severe illness and even death. Also, with a damp basement mold will start to set in. Your first step is to eliminate the water from your basement.
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|