Last Updated: 08/10/2020
Category 3 Water Damage in Saint Clair Shores Mi
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Saint Clair Shores mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Saint Clair Shores
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Water Damage Restoration Near Me in Saint Clair Shores Mi
In, to fight emergency water damage, a professional might use a hydrosensor and moisture counters. The moisture counters can measure the amount of moisture that has gotten into brick, wood, plastics, and other materials like drywall without causing any damage to them. What is really great in an emergency situation is that they can be used throughout the water damage repairs to make sure that the amount of moisture is in fact going down with treatment. The hydrosensor is used to track the path that water travels on underneath carpeting. Even if the top of the carpet feels dry to the touch, these tools can find the water and trace its path.
Air scrubbers do exactly what it sounds like they do: They clean the air after water damage. They are used to eliminate the dangerous mold spores and other tiny contaminants in the air that can exacerbate asthma, allergies, and other respiratory maladies. Improving air quality back to the level of good old quality is important in emergency water damage restoration. The air scrubbers also eliminate odors that are in the air.
Contractors also might use a hygrometer to restore your home after water damage. The hygrometer measures the temperature and the relative humidity conditions in your home. professionals may decide to keep a hygrometer running for the entire length of the emergency repairs. Some hygrometers can record and store information for several running days, logging the readings that it takes, ensuring that progress is in fact being made.
In, when you need emergency water damage restoration, you need it fast. It is a race against time when it comes to water, and water damage professionals can come to conquer with a whole slew of weapons to help restore and preserve your home.
Find a Pro
48080, 48081, 48082, 48236
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|