Last Updated: 07/13/2020
Flood Damage Restoration Companies in Berwyn Il
All our Berwyn professionals are well placed to reach you in the shortest possible time. No matter what hour of the day or night we give the quickest response you could imagine. Water will not wait for your pipe to be fixed, it will flow regardless.
- First, look for any potential electrical hazards and beware of slippery surfaces.
- Turn on fans/AC and open windows – don’t worry if you don’t have much, we’ll bring in the heavy duty Berwyn equipment.
- Collect loose items from table tops, floor, and walls and store in a dry and airy place.
- Get out the mops to remove as much water as you can.
- Place waterproof barrier like aluminum foil in between furniture legs and wet carpet.
We're ready to assist with your Berwyn water damage & restoration needs. We respond to residential or commercial property damage emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our staff of water, flood, and fire experts will quickly assess the situation to take the right course of action. Our professionals are highly trained and certified in water damage cleanup and applied structural drying. We have a thorough knowledge of the categories and classes of water damage and how each of these factors impacts your property.
Flood Damage Repair in Berwyn Il
It is amazing that one of the most necessary elements in our survival - water - can be such a devastating force of nature. Flood waters can ravage a community, destroying homes and businesses. Even smaller floods, where the amount of water that flows into your house doesn't seem like much, can cause irreversible damage and lead to the growth of dangerous molds and bacteria. It is imperative that you immediately consult a water damage restoration service whenever you have a water issue in your house to ensure your safety and make sure the damage doesn't spread. Water damage can come from a variety of places, including sewer problems, leaking pipes, heavy rains, fire hoses or flooding. A water restoration service can offer clean up and removal of household items as well as the actual structure itself. In the process, a water restoration service can be sure to clean up any excess water and completely dry out the affected areas, including the difficult to reach areas such as the crawl space, basement, and attic.
The complete drying of an area is essential to keep damage from spreading and mold from growing. However, once an area is affected by water, it may already be too late. It is essential that you act quickly and call a water damage restoration service as soon as possible to protect yourself and your property. Removal of excess water will be done first, then the complete drying and dehumidifying process. Mold can begin to grow within 24 hours of water damage, so be sure the drying process is done thoroughly. Remove all furniture and other household items from the area, even if they were not initially impacted by the water damage, to avoid further damage and speed up the drying process. Some items will be damaged beyond repair and restoration, so allow yourself to let go of these items. By holding onto a damaged item or piece of furniture, you risk the hazards of mold growth and multiplication. Make sure that your water damage restoration contractor is experienced in the field of home it can be handled easily. Grab a couple of towels and a bucket, and you are good to go. But, if the water is toxic, like from the sewage, then this DIY water extraction plan could be extremely dangerous. You can get seriously ill, and the water could contaminate your whole house, if not removed properly.
Emergency Flood Cleanup in Berwyn Il
Do you have the flooded basement blues? Due to their nature, being underground structures, basements are prone to water damage. It doesn't take a river overflowing its banks or a major hurricane to flood a basement. In fact, basement flooding often occurs due to water build up in the surrounding soil. So what's a home owner to do? Prevention is always the best medicine, especially when it comes to your home. As little as an inch of water can cause thousands of dollars of damage. Even small leaks can become major disasters when mold takes over. If your basement isn't flooded now, take the necessary precautions to prevent the most common basement flooding problems. You'll save yourself a great deal of heartache (and money) later. First, if you have block walls, use a waterproof coating using the manufacturer's spread rate specifications. You may even need a second coat if water seepage continues after the first application.
Use a waterproof coating that is specifically formulated to block water passing through due to hydrostatic pressure. What is hydrostatic pressure? This is pressure caused by water in the soil which could include the water table, rain runoff flowing toward your home underground, or even your home's own gutter system. Other prevention steps include fixing leaks, ensuring proper drainage, and installing a sump pump. Leaks in the basement don't always originate down below. For example, if you have a leaking toilet above, where do you think the water is going to end up? Remember that faulty gutter system? Is rainwater draining properly or is it collecting in the soil that's pressing against your basement walls? Make sure that your home's gutters are draining properly - away from the foundation and basement. Does the ground near your home slope away from it or toward it? Ideally, the ground should slope away. If not, consider grading the soil. Sump pumps are increasingly being used as a preventative tool. In the past, sump pumps were used after flooding occurred.
Water Damage Company in Berwyn Il
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Berwyn mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Berwyn
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Find a Pro
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|