Last Updated: 07/11/2020
Flood Remediation Company in Tucker Ga
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Tucker mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Tucker
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Water Damage Professionals in Tucker Ga
Water damage restoration has become so advanced nowadays. There are water damage restoration companies that use high tech instruments called thermal cameras to detect moisture. It's time to dehumidify! Water is ubiquitous. It is vital for any life form's survival. However, water at times become unwanted and could be a great adversary too! Clearly, there is almost nothing you can do when nature rampages; hurricanes result to infuriating floods, and irksome roof and fissure leaks; water accumulates after heavy snow. And if you are becoming very unlucky, your water pipelines burst. Evidently, it becomes a predicament when water, the universal solvent, comes to you in a very unlikely time and manner. And you thought you knew better of the damage it can cause? Water damage typically includes growth of molds in surfaces of the house, deformation and splitting of wood furniture, rusting of fixtures, staining of finishes and lifting of veneers.
It will cost you a lot to recover, not to mention the time that will be wasted. If money is not the matter with you, how about the more serious damage it can give you? It is more likely that you will have health problem with molds around. It can produce allergens that can trigger allergy or even asthma in people allergic to mold. And what could be more bitter than death by electrocution after some open wiring of an appliance was exposed to water? That is why it should be clear to us that water at home should only be found in the toilet, water sink, refrigerator and swimming pool. If this is not the case, then you will be needing help from experts and professionals; undergo water damage restoration. Appropriate water damage restoration is of the essence. There is more to water damage restoration than extracting it from the carpets. Stopping the growth of molds is the main concern. If treated hastily, you can minimize the damage.
Find a Pro
30083, 30084, 30085, 30087, 30340
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|