Last Updated: 07/11/2020
Water Damage Professionals in Norcross Ga
The floods that happened last year still seem so fresh in our minds. The water may have receded; however, what has been left behind is the mold everywhere! Before we get into the remedial measures, let us first understand what exactly a mold is and how do they become our uninvited guests! Molds are small organisms that are found almost everywhere in your household, including your plants, food and dry leaves. They can be of any color-white, orange, green or black. They are not always useless but can also help the environment by helping in breaking down the dead material. Post-floods, you may try going an extra mile by vigorously cleaning the porous household surfaces with bleach. However, these surfaces continue to house fungal microbes, even after strenuous bleaching. They may look restored, but the truth is that bleach does not penetrate to the roots of mold and the surface remains infected.
Molds are very tiny and light in weight. As a result, they can travel easily through air. They grow with the help of the nutrients that they find on most building surfaces. The mold spores land on damp material like walls, floors, appliances like the humidifiers or air conditioners, carpet or furniture and begin to multiply. When present in large numbers they may cause allergic symptoms similar to those caused by plant pollen. Persistent mold can affect your health and also damage surfaces. Exposure to molds is likely to cause watery eyes, a runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, and itching, coughing, wheezing, difficulty in breathing, headache and fatigue. Also, the health problems may not be the same for all persons as some people are more sensitive to molds than others. Infants and children, elderly person, people with low immunity levels or individuals with existing respiratory problems are likely to face more health problems than others.
Basement Flooding in Norcross Ga
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Norcross mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Norcross
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Remove Water From Carpet in Norcross Ga
However, depending on the extent of the damage or how much time has passed before the restoration process has started, Norcross home owners might have to end up dealing with heavy mold build up. There is a sequence of steps that ties in with cleaning mold and Norcross mold removal.
The steps include:
- Checking levels of mold to determine the intensity of treatment required
- Determining the type of mold and the toxicity levels. Certain types of mold are extremely hazardous and can result in autoimmune disease and even death
- Determining if each room has enough ventilation so moisture levels can be controlled
- Locating the specific moisture areas in the house and address the reasons that contribute to the moisture.
Basement Flood in Norcross Ga
After all, a slow leak may not make a drip, drip, drip sound. In fact, the leak can be well hidden, slowly causing damage. Look for signs of water leaks by inspecting areas around windows and appliances for signs of moisture. You may notice damp carpet, water stains, or mildew. Basement leaks and seepage are also common, so be sure to check your basement, using your sense of smell as you search for signs of water damage. Repairing leaks can be as simple as caulking a leaking window or replacing a leaking pipe. Ignoring leaks almost always leads to further damage. Clogs are responsible for water damage due to overflows. After all, if a drain is clogged, water has nowhere to go. Regularly inspect drains and gutters and clean out the gunk as needed. Use a plumbing snake to clear clogged pipes and keep a toilet plunger handy for clogged toilets.
Professional fire and water damage restoration contractors have expertise in emergency response and disaster recovery situations. When such disasters strike, be it a flood in your basement or crawl space, a leak in your roof or smoke and soot damage in your home, call fire and flood damage experts for complete repair and restoration services. Restoration companies usually have a set up emergency response hotline, supporting their communities in these stressful situations. The technicians who handle fire and flood damage emergencies are often IICRC certified restoration professionals, experienced in fire, smoke, flooding and water disaster scenarios on residential, commercial and industrial scales. Professional restoration companies will arrive in your place of emergency within the hour, for the most part. They know that time is of the essence and prompt attention to your emergency will lessen the duration and cost of the restoration project. These experts arrive ready to assess the water damage in your home and start drying out the property immediately. The trucks are equipped with gear and supplies necessary for any fire, smoke, soot and water restoration job.
Flood Damage Restoration Companies in Norcross Ga
In popular movies, the planet Earth is the stage of an apocalyptic event that sees the destruction of the modern world, with its people and places along with it. Due to abnormal solar storm radiation emanating from the sun heating up the earth's core, the planet's crust has become unstable, and volcanoes explode, tsunamis form, and earthquakes abound; the whole world is laid to waste. The iconic scene of the movie is where an enormous tsunami engulfs a Buddhist monastery as a monk futilely rings a warning bell. This is a scene of water damage, which water damage specialists expert in water damage repair know all too well about.
It doesn't take a deluge of epic proportions to destroy or damage a Buddhist monastery, a building, or your house for that matter. All it takes is a little standing water, some time, and presto - you have water damage, which water damage can help with. Water damage can be seen in homes, in as little amounts as the overflow from your washing machine or a leak in the piping.
30003, 30010, 30071, 30091, 30092, 30093
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|