Last Updated: 07/11/2020
Water Damage Professionals in Martinez Ga
Potential water damage is best dealt with quickly. Most lasting structural damage is caused not because something got wet, but because it stayed wet for hours, days or even weeks. Allowing floors, walls, ceilings, carpets and furniture to stay wet can cause very costly permanent damage. While, mud, sewage and other elements which often accompany water can be hard to clean, and just make people want to give up, it is vital that clean up start immediately. Start Immediately by securing the area where the water is coming from. If a plumbing source turn off the water to the house immediately. If there is water standing in the home, turn off the electricity, by turning off breakers to flooded rooms, or by calling the electric company to shut off power to the entire house. Do not stand in water if there is any chance the water may come into contact with electricity.
Never use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water from a wet floor. If flooding is due to rainwater, or river overflow, it may be necessary to evacuate for safety. To clean up water damage you do not have to evacuate, start clean up right away by securing your possessions. If possible remove small furniture from saturated floors, and place plastic bags under heavy furniture to prevent water from seeping upwards like a wick.
24 Hour Water Restoration in Martinez Ga
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Martinez mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Martinez
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Water Leak Damage in Martinez Ga
However, depending on the extent of the damage or how much time has passed before the restoration process has started, Martinez home owners might have to end up dealing with heavy mold build up. There is a sequence of steps that ties in with cleaning mold and Martinez mold removal.
The steps include:
- Checking levels of mold to determine the intensity of treatment required
- Determining the type of mold and the toxicity levels. Certain types of mold are extremely hazardous and can result in autoimmune disease and even death
- Determining if each room has enough ventilation so moisture levels can be controlled
- Locating the specific moisture areas in the house and address the reasons that contribute to the moisture.
Basement Flood in Martinez Ga
Imagine this scenario. You wake up at 7am to go to work and walk through your living room, only to hear, "squish, squish, squish" and see footprints left behind. A pipe burst in your wall and has been leaking water for 8 hours, flooding your entire home and saturating carpet. What do you do? Here are 10 quick and easy tips and safety steps to take when dealing with a flood or water damage disaster. If you are in a life threatening situation, call 911 immediately. Immediately leave any wet or flooded areas. Do not stand on wet ground. Ensure all people and animals in the building are safe and get them to dry ground. Ensure the structure is safe, if not, leave the building immediately. Turn off any electricity to the affected area, as long as it is safe to do so. Turn off the water supply at the meter, usually located in the front of the building.
Turn off any natural gas supply lines. Call a local water damage restoration company to schedule immediate cleanup. Call your insurance adjuster to file a claim. Most water damage losses are covered by insurance. Set up any needed shelter, or contact a friend or family member for additional housing assistance. If the structure is safe, after following the above steps, follow this short checklist to have ready for the water damage technician when they arrive. Any missing or damaged roof shingles? Is there bent or missing flashing? Is there gutter damage? Is the chimney intact or damaged? Is the stucco stained or cracked and loose? Is the brick wet or stained? Are the siding boards intact, warped or loose? Are there signs of water intrusion through the windows? Are there signs of water intrusion through basement windows or window wells? Is any of the insulation wet or damaged?
Flood Damage Restoration Companies in Martinez Ga
Martinez water damage services are covered by homeowner’s insurance as long as you undergo preventative maintenance on your home. This includes repairing plumbing leaks as soon as they are found, insulating your plumbing and cleaning your rain gutters. If you do all of these chores and leaks still occur, our water damage personnel will file your insurance claim for you to make sure you get the most coverage. The only other reason the incident may not be covered is if it started from outside, in which case you will need a separate insurance policy.
Martinez Basement Water Damage
There are many places in your home where water damage can take place, from your basement to attic and anywhere in between. It is important to have water damage repair services performed as soon as possible to prevent further damage. Whether it’s a flooded basement, a flooded attic or crawlspace due to storms, we will find the source, stop the flooding, provide full water removal and structural drying, and then full water cleanup, repair and rebuild.
Services Offered in Martinez
- Water Extraction
- Structured Drying
- Mold Prevention
- Fire Restoration
Find a Pro
Find Your Service
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|