Last Updated: 07/04/2020
Basement Flooding Repair in Fruitville Fl
All our Fruitville professionals are well placed to reach you in the shortest possible time. No matter what hour of the day or night we give the quickest response you could imagine. Water will not wait for your pipe to be fixed, it will flow regardless.
- First, look for any potential electrical hazards and beware of slippery surfaces.
- Turn on fans/AC and open windows – don’t worry if you don’t have much, we’ll bring in the heavy duty Fruitville equipment.
- Hang any upholstery, rugs (especially colored ones) and cushions in a dry, airy place.
- Wipe down any wooden furniture.
- Place waterproof barrier like aluminum foil in between furniture legs and wet carpet.
We're ready to assist with your Fruitville water damage & restoration needs. We respond to residential or commercial property damage emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our staff of water, flood, and fire experts will quickly assess the situation to take the right course of action. Our professionals are highly trained and certified in water damage cleanup and applied structural drying. We have a thorough knowledge of the categories and classes of water damage and how each of these factors impacts your property.
House Water Damage Repair in Fruitville Fl
Within hours, hazardous mold and mildew begin to grow in your water damage affected home. If left untreated, the mold will quickly multiply and grow throughout the affected area of your residence. Within 72 to 94 hours, your home is far into secondary water damage affects and the consequences that arise with such long procrastination. Water damage is progressive, meaning that it the longer you wait to treat it, the worse the damage becomes. Although the majority of the damage happens instantly when the water begins to come in contact with your home and the items inside of it, the secondary water damage can made your home uninhabitable. For the sake of simplicity, I will outline a time line in which different damages occur in chronological order. 1-6 Hours: The water has been soaked up by drywall, padding, and absorbent materials such as cardboard and cushions. Depending on the type of water (clean, gray, or black), these materials may already be unsalvageable and dangerous to reuse. 6-24 Hours: Mold and mildew have begun to grow along with hazardous bacteria and other microorganisms.
Depending on the original contaminates of the water, these harmful microorganisms can vary from quite dangerous to causing only mild discomfort. 24-72 Hours: The water has begun to take its toll on furniture and your home's structural integrity. Secondary damage is already occurring and it can render your furniture and other personal items unsalvageable within this time frame. Hours: Even if you were originally affected with clean water, the bacteria content in the water has grown to such high levels that all affected materials must be promptly removed. Everything that was touched by this water (furniture, personal items, baseboards, walls, etc.) must be removed and discarded. The mold and mildew are in full force, and are most likely are beginning to become visible on the back of baseboards. After a week of untreated water damage, your ventilation system is beginning to be bombarded with mold spores. This can trigger asthmatic attacks and is simply detrimental to our respiratory system.
Water Damage Restoration Company in Fruitville Fl
Repairing water damage is often a difficult and costly process. When your home is affected by flooding, flood damage restoration is imperative. Natural flooding makes this especially important. Flood waters from rivers, streams, and lakes is referred to as black water and can be contaminated, posing serious health threats to you and your family. A professional should inspect your home as soon as safely possible to evaluate the damages. An inspection will tell you what sort of repairs you need to prepare for. Foundations are often damaged due to rising flood waters. Make sure to have your foundation thoroughly checked for any damages when you begin the process of repairing water damage. You may face the risk of losing your home if your foundation is damaged and you do not repair it quickly. For this reason, a home inspection should be done as soon as possible. Flooding may also damage walls and internal structures within the house.
It may be wise with large scale damage, to hire a professional company to assist in clean up and repairs. You will most likely have to replace carpeting, mattresses, upholstered furniture, and other porous materials that suffer damages. Water damage repair is difficult or impossible with these items. Surfaces that are not dried extensively can harbor dangerous mold. Buying new items is much more cost effective and saves you many difficult hours trying to clean them. Most times, home owners insurance will replace these items if your policy covers flood damages. This makes it easier to throw away the damaged items and start fresh. Calling your insurance company quickly will expedite your water damage repairs and clean up efforts. A lot of hard work and difficult hours are usually involved in repairing water damage. Hiring a company of professional cleaners will help alleviate some of the stress. Make sure to salvage any items you want to keep before the cleaners begin. These companies do not take time to sift through your things and will simply throw it away. Save everything you can salvage and let them dispose of everything else for you.
Flood Repair Companies in Fruitville Fl
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Fruitville mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Fruitville
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
34232, 34235, 34240
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|