Last Updated: 07/08/2020
Basement Water Damage Cleanup in New Milford Ct
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by New Milford mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in New Milford
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Basement Flood in New Milford Ct
New Milford water damage services are covered by homeowner’s insurance as long as you undergo preventative maintenance on your home. This includes repairing plumbing leaks as soon as they are found, insulating your plumbing and cleaning your rain gutters. If you do all of these chores and leaks still occur, our water damage personnel will file your insurance claim for you to make sure you get the most coverage. The only other reason the incident may not be covered is if it started from outside, in which case you will need a separate insurance policy.
New Milford Basement Water Damage
There are many places in your home where water damage can take place, from your basement to attic and anywhere in between. It is important to have water damage repair services performed as soon as possible to prevent further damage. Whether it’s a flooded basement, a flooded attic or crawlspace due to storms, we will find the source, stop the flooding, provide full water removal and structural drying, and then full water cleanup, repair and rebuild.
Services Offered in New Milford
- Water Extraction
- Structured Drying
- Mold Prevention
- Fire Restoration
06755, 06776, 06784, 06794
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|