Last Updated: 07/14/2020
Water Damage Experts in South Lake Tahoe Ca
This next step involves drying the water damaged areas. Before commencing this procedure, ensure you protect both your furniture and floor by spreading tarps over them. A person can use a towel or a vacuum cleaner to dry the ceiling. It is advisable to clean both the interior and exterior of the ceiling.
This step might involve stabbing through the saturated ceiling for water to pour down. This process is very crucial as it helps prevents molds from both spreading and forming. The water cleanup process is very important as it helps eliminate the possibility of molds developing.
Don't forget to remove the damaged parts of the ceiling. Damaged ceilings can be either loose or bulging. Such ceiling parts should be scraped out. A person can use various home equipment; ranging from knives and paint scrapers to remove the damaged parts.
24 Hour Water Restoration in South Lake Tahoe Ca
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by South Lake Tahoe mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in South Lake Tahoe
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Soot Remover in South Lake Tahoe Ca
However, depending on the extent of the damage or how much time has passed before the restoration process has started, South Lake Tahoe home owners might have to end up dealing with heavy mold build up. There is a sequence of steps that ties in with cleaning mold and South Lake Tahoe mold removal.
The steps include:
- Checking levels of mold to determine the intensity of treatment required
- Determining the type of mold and the toxicity levels. Certain types of mold are extremely hazardous and can result in autoimmune disease and even death
- Determining if each room has enough ventilation so moisture levels can be controlled
- Locating the specific moisture areas in the house and address the reasons that contribute to the moisture.
Ceiling Repair Water Damage in South Lake Tahoe Ca
The first step involves making sure you properly locate all areas where the leak may be coming from. This step is crucial for ensuring all possible holes are located to be taken care of. Otherwise the risk for leaks in the future increases.
You should be able to identify and stop the South Lake Tahoe water source fairly easy. This step is very important. Failure to do so might increase the water damaged ceiling repair cost by a big margin. If a person is not able to identify the source of water, all the repairs will be in vain.
- Step 1 - Locate
- Step 2 - Drying
- Step 3 - Repair
- Step 4 - Paint
Basement Water Removal Service in South Lake Tahoe Ca
- Strip away the greatest number of water damaged items as possible that belonging to the area, analyzing what could very well be thrown out and what can be dried and kept. If for example your water looks to be very clear and clean, sop as much water as possible using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
- If it's a vital flooding spill, turn off your point of electricity. You don't need to electrocute yourself. We are able to generate mobile generators to operate our South Lake Tahoe equipment and light for you.
- Whenever you can, locate the cause of the leak and if appropriate shut it off. Should the South Lake Tahoe water damaged ceiling is coming from a contaminated source, suchlike sewage lines, leave the location immediately and avoid getting sick. Do away with any excess water damaged items as possible of the area, deciding what could very well be trashed and what is generally dried and kept. In most cases the water looks to be very clear and clean, sop up as much water that you can using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
Find a Pro
96150, 96151, 96152, 96154, 96155, 96156, 96157, 96158
Find Your Service
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|