Last Updated: 07/15/2020
Basement Water Damage Cleanup in Rancho San Diego Ca
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Rancho San Diego mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Rancho San Diego
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Water Damage Professionals in Rancho San Diego Ca
There are also a number of problems that are physically visible when severe damage has caused mold, such as eczema or blisters on the hands. There are many different types of mold that can occur in your home and not all of them will be from damage caused by the water. Different types of water damage will also cause the different types of mold. Black flood water damage is usually linked to the growth of black mold, which is more toxic. This can make it extremely difficult to create a form of medication to help those that are struggling with mold problems. While mold removal is possible, it is usually best to prevent it from occurring in the first place. This is done to ensure that the water damage is dried within the first 48 hours. You can also use a dehumidifier in your home to help to keep the area cool, since mold prefers warm and moist areas to grow. If your water damage cannot be repaired and dried within 48 hours then you should look at replacing it instead; this will save you a lot of money in the long run. With some items, the only thing that you can do when mold appears is replace it anyway. This is especially the case when it comes to carpets and drywall water damage.
As we have reviewed before, there are three categories of water defined in the IICRC S500, the industry standard for water damage restoration. These categories are determined by the originating source and content/contaminant level of the water. Here we will discuss Category 1 water, the cleanest of the group. Category 1 water originates from a sanitary source, and does not pose any substantial health risk to humans. Some examples of category 1 water include: potable drinking water or bottled water, tap water, water from a broken supply line, such as those bringing fresh water to your refrigerator, sinks, dishwasher, washing machine, and toilets. An important distinction to note is while the water entering the above sources is category 1, it may no longer be category 1 after leaving these fixtures or appliances. Water mitigation, dry-out and restoration of a category 1 water loss is fairly straightforward. Because it is from a sanitary source, we can often save most of the affected materials, as long as we are notified quickly after the loss occurs.
91941, 92019, 92020
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|