Last Updated: 07/17/2020
Water Damage Experts in Orangevale Ca
Potential water damage is best dealt with quickly. Most lasting structural damage is caused not because something got wet, but because it stayed wet for hours, days or even weeks. Allowing floors, walls, ceilings, carpets and furniture to stay wet can cause very costly permanent damage. While, mud, sewage and other elements which often accompany water can be hard to clean, and just make people want to give up, it is vital that clean up start immediately. Start Immediately by securing the area where the water is coming from. If a plumbing source turn off the water to the house immediately. If there is water standing in the home, turn off the electricity, by turning off breakers to flooded rooms, or by calling the electric company to shut off power to the entire house. Do not stand in water if there is any chance the water may come into contact with electricity.
Never use a household vacuum cleaner to remove water from a wet floor. If flooding is due to rainwater, or river overflow, it may be necessary to evacuate for safety. To clean up water damage you do not have to evacuate, start clean up right away by securing your possessions. If possible remove small furniture from saturated floors, and place plastic bags under heavy furniture to prevent water from seeping upwards like a wick.
Damage Restoration Services in Orangevale Ca
Standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. Allow molds to grow on home and or a building, materials that are soaked wet for more than 24 hours, and in 48 hours of wetness, the deadly toxic mold Stachybotrys can begin growing in the damaged areas. This is a fact and documented by Orangevale mold experts.
Water Damage Tips in Orangevale
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping the area or using a wet/dry vacuum.
- Wipe as much excess water from wood furniture as you can and remove tabletop lamps and other items from the furniture.
- Turn the air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer and open the windows in the winter to release trapped for an improved indoor air quality.
- Remove any artwork and paintings from the walls if affected, remove any area rugs from the floor and hang to dry outside or inside.
- Remove wet upholstery cushions from the frame and prop them up to dry immediately.
- Place plastic or aluminum foil under any furniture legs that are not plastic to prevent discoloration or bleeding.
- Punch tiny holes in a sagging ceiling to relieve trapped water make sure to place something underneath the holes beforehand to collect any trapped water.
- Make sure that electrical appliances are turned off while standing on wet carpets, floors or especially on wet concrete floors to prevent possible electrocution.
- Report your damage to your insurance company.
- Get help from a Professional water damage restoration company.
Remove Water From Carpet in Orangevale Ca
And last but not least, repair technicians may use a heavy (80-100 lb.) roller. The roller is used to press the carpet and squeeze it out removing any remaining water after the pump. This process is done before the air movers are utilized to dry the carpet out as much as possible. It is a crucial step to having dry carpets because in order to dry the carpet out with the air movers, the carpet must be near-dry so that it is not too heavy for air to lift.
You now have a better understanding of what tools the technicians use to remove water damage and how they work. Yes, it is very complicated, but specialists use this equipment everyday; so you can sit back, relax, and wait for your water damage to be repaired!
Flood Damage Repair Company in Orangevale Ca
- Be cautious. If you've just become aware of a problem with water in your Orangevale home, there are a few steps you should take. First, if there's a lot of water (such as from flooding), you should turn off your electricity to avoid electrocution. Also, don't use your regular household appliances (such as a vacuum cleaner) to remove water. If the water is contaminated (such as from a sewage line), you and your family should leave the home so that you don't get sick. Finally, if the water is from a leak, try to locate the leak's source and turn off the water to prevent further damage.
- Know the subtler signs of Orangevale water damage. If you're dealing with a flood or a burst pipe, it's hard to ignore. But in some cases the signs of water damage can be subtle and easy to miss. To prevent hidden water damage, regularly inspect your home for leaks in the bathroom and kitchen. Look for damp or moldy spots in these and other areas, such as around the washing machine or in window frames. Also be on the lookout for soft spots in your walls, which could be a sign of hidden damage.
Emergency Water Damage Service in Orangevale Ca
A major aspect of water damage restoration is carpet cleaning and decontamination of other forms of flooring after storms and flooding. Some areas of the USA are more susceptible to such conditions than others, but it is important that residents anywhere are aware of the inherent dangers involved with flooding of their homes. In fact, heavy storms can cause back-up of sewage into your home without flooding being involved. Flooding leads to the potential contamination of your home and business premises with human and animal feces and other forms of bacterial contamination. This comes from backed-up drains and sewers, and also from animal droppings. Bacteria multiply rapidly in wet and damp conditions, and it is essential that this pollution is removed and your flooring and furnishings cleaned as soon as possible. Your first act, once the water has been pumped away, is to lift all your contaminated carpets. Hang them on a rope outside and hose then down thoroughly with clean water. If your water service has not yet been restored, there is little you can do until it is.
This is when you should call in a professional that specializes in water damage restoration or carpet cleaning services. In fact, it is wise to call them in immediately, rather than try it yourself. If a carpet is immersed in flood water for 48 hours or more it will be more or less irrecoverable and will likely have to be destroyed. That is because the bacterial infection will be right into the fibers of the pile, and the level of sterilization required would ruin the carpet in any case. Before that you have a chance, as long as the carpet is not foam-backed. Then it would have to be disposed of in any case. A 10% bleach solution can be used to sterilize the carpet, but not if it is made from real wool or nylon. The bleach will discolor these fibers. Do this after hosing it down but before drying it.
95610, 95628, 95662
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|