Last Updated: 07/07/2020
Water Damage Professionals in Monterey Ca
If you have just had a flood you should go out and get yourself a dehumidifier. This is something you need to do as soon as possible. Going out and buying one today is one of the smartest decisions you can make. Floods can cause mold growth within the drywall of your walls. If you can get dehumidification in there as quickly as possible you might be able to save some of your walls from having to be replaced. However, a delay in dehumidification can be the difference between replacing drywall and keeping your drywall in tact. After a flood, you need to get the best dehumidifier possible. 90 dehumidifier with a 20 gallon bucket. Try to go industrial strength if possible, but a 70 or 80 gallon bucket could work as well. The goal is to only have to empty the bucket once a day so that you can have it run as close to 100% of the time as possible.
Before, during and after a flood event, protecting the health of the family is priority number one. As challenging as it is to deal with the aftermath of a flood, it's critical to continue to put the family's health first. Flood cleanup presents multiple risks to the health, including diseases, injuries and chemical hazards. Diarrheal diseases are the most common illness that people encounter after a disaster. Frequent hand-washing, particularly before eating or drinking, is the best defense against contaminants that can cause diarrhea. Because it is so difficult to conduct cleanup chores without cross-contamination, a wide range of infections and diseases from Staphylococcus to Legionnaires' disease also pose threats to human health after a flood. Standing water is a breeding ground for bacteria, mold and viruses, some of which can become airborne, causing allergic reactions. Flood water can also contain numerous sharp objects that can cause injuries that lead to infection. Anyone with an open wound should avoid exposure to standing water. Spills from solvents and other chemical products can further pollute flood water.
Water Removal Services in Monterey Ca
You already have the ability to clean up your own water damage, you just need the know-how! Below is a step-by-step skeleton of what the actions you should take in remediating your own Monterey water damage.
- Turn Off All Electricity - Turn your power main to the off position so you don't get electrically shocked. Never step in standing water without the power off!
- Identify the Type of Water - You must determine if your water is considered "clean" or "dirty." Clean water comes from sources such as a failed sump pump or leaky dishwasher. Dirty water comes from sources like broken ejector pumps and cracked sewage lines.
- Equipment and Materials - You will need water damage equipment such as a wet/dry vacuum, carpet cleaning machine, deodorizers, disinfectants, and body protection such as puncture proof gloves.
- Remove the Monterey Water - Use either a submersible pump or wet/dry vacuum to remove the excess water.
Water Leak Damage in Monterey Ca
Time is crucial when water has flooded your home. Whether it is a broken or leaky pipes, sink overflow, toilet overflow, bathtub overflow, refrigerator, washing machine, water heater, or dishwasher overflow, air conditioner leaks, sump pump failure, hardwood floor water damage, or crawl space water damage due to storms, we will find the source, stop the flooding, provide full extraction and structural drying. We are proud to be the number one Monterey water damage company.
Handling Your Monterey Water Damage 24/7
The consequences of insufficient home water damage restoration are far too great to leave flood damage cleanup improperly restored. Most property owners are not aware of what is needed to complete water damage repair and have a lot of questions. That’s where the certified water removal professionals like us come in. Our water damage restoration specialists are qualified through formal training and experience on water extraction and how to remove excess flood water completely, to make sure evaporation occurs and to establish the dehumidification needed to stop further damage.
Monterey Water Damage Repair of Burst and Broken Pipes
Burst or broken pipes can be a major headache when you have water damage and aren’t sure immediately from where the source of damage is coming from. Sprinkler line pipe burst often go unnoticed until the water comes rushing through basement window wells and walls causing significant basement water damage. Pipe burst in the attic can lead to gallons of water raining down on the rooms inside your home.
Water Damage Restoration Cost in Monterey Ca
Imagine this scenario. You wake up at 7am to go to work and walk through your living room, only to hear, "squish, squish, squish" and see footprints left behind. A pipe burst in your wall and has been leaking water for 8 hours, flooding your entire home and saturating carpet. What do you do? Here are 10 quick and easy tips and safety steps to take when dealing with a flood or water damage disaster. If you are in a life threatening situation, call 911 immediately. Immediately leave any wet or flooded areas. Do not stand on wet ground. Ensure all people and animals in the building are safe and get them to dry ground. Ensure the structure is safe, if not, leave the building immediately. Turn off any electricity to the affected area, as long as it is safe to do so. Turn off the water supply at the meter, usually located in the front of the building.
Turn off any natural gas supply lines. Call a local water damage restoration company to schedule immediate cleanup. Call your insurance adjuster to file a claim. Most water damage losses are covered by insurance. Set up any needed shelter, or contact a friend or family member for additional housing assistance. If the structure is safe, after following the above steps, follow this short checklist to have ready for the water damage technician when they arrive. Any missing or damaged roof shingles? Is there bent or missing flashing? Is there gutter damage? Is the chimney intact or damaged? Is the stucco stained or cracked and loose? Is the brick wet or stained? Are the siding boards intact, warped or loose? Are there signs of water intrusion through the windows? Are there signs of water intrusion through basement windows or window wells? Is any of the insulation wet or damaged?
Water Damage Cleanup And Restoration in Monterey Ca
- Strip away the greatest number of water damaged items as possible that belonging to the area, analyzing what could very well be thrown out and what can be dried and kept. If for example your water looks to be very clear and clean, sop as much water as possible using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
- If it's a vital flooding spill, turn off your point of electricity. You don't need to electrocute yourself. We are able to generate mobile generators to operate our Monterey equipment and light for you.
- Whenever you can, locate the cause of the leak and if appropriate shut it off. Should the Monterey water damaged ceiling is coming from a contaminated source, suchlike sewage lines, leave the location immediately and avoid getting sick. Do away with any excess water damaged items as possible of the area, deciding what could very well be trashed and what is generally dried and kept. In most cases the water looks to be very clear and clean, sop up as much water that you can using non-dyed linens, towels or blankets.
93940, 93942, 93943, 93944, 93955
|Disaster Cleanup Index|
|Basement Flooded Index|
|Flood Damage Cleanup Index|
|Water Restoration Companies Index|